Fishing boat in Ha Long Bay

Saturday, October 4, 2008

It's 2 p.m. somewhere, just not here.

It's 2 p.m. in Vietnam; Sarah's normal time to awake from her nap. After going to bed for the third time around 8 a.m. yesterday, we woke her up yesterday afternoon while she was still asleep in the hopes that she would sleep longer tonight. She was really tired in the evening and we had high hopes. Well, she went to bed about 10 p.m. and did sleep a couple hours longer than the first attempt the night before. But at 2 a.m. she was ready to get up.

We brought the dogs home from the kennel yesterday afternoon. Sarah had petted a few dogs in Vietnam and we hoped she would be fine with our two pets. The first meeting resulted in her staying in Kelly's arms and not being too thrilled. Later in the day, she became more comfortable and even got down and started petting them. Then our youngest, Skippy, got a little too energetic and jumped on Sarah. She didn't like that at all and is mad at Skippy right now. Jack, on the other hand, is now her best friend when she woke up (see photos with this post). Skippy is a very lovable dog and Sarah is sure to warm up to him too. And since I haven't gone to bed yet, I'm putting some new photos of Sarah on the blog.







2 comments:

MemberNYPD said...

Each time I read your blog I say, there's no way I'll be able to post the way that Gale does!! You're so thorough. Then again, I could ask my travel buddy (MOM/Grandma-to-be) to type for me. Yeah, good idea...

On a serious note, things look as though they are falling into place nicely, as they should.

Kudos to being great parents.
Kudos to Isaac for being so wonderful with Sarah, that's a great comfort to Sarah, I'm sure.
Kudos to Sarah, for feeling confident and comfy enough to 'let her hair down'...........

And stupidos to me, for typing all this while stooped over. NOW I'M STUCK...........ouchie my back. lol

Keep 'em coming partner.

Stevens Family said...

Without a doubt, the first week back for us was the hardest week of my entire life. Autumn regressed back to those first very hard, miserable, sad, scared, greiving days and then the time change and the jet lag was just aweful. I'm glad to see your daughter is happy despite the time zone change. It certainly takes some time to get back on schedule.