Sarah had an MD appointment today at
St. Louis Children's Hospital, so we stopped by our adoption agency's offices in St. Louis for a visit before heading to her appointment. While we were there, another
CHI mom, who is about to travel, happened to drop by and I was able to personally deliver the discs I was going to mail to her with all the photos and a
video of her two boys that we had taken on our recent trip. Gina is the mother of
Sam and Eli, of
Five In The Hive fame. She was extremely warm and welcoming to our family and we will be getting our children together for a visit just as soon as their family is up to it after their return. They leave on Friday and will be taking the exact same flights as we flew. Good luck and make sure to drink plenty of fluids before, during and after the flights. Isaac's swelling is nearly gone, but we don't want to hear about any mishaps involving the
Five In The Hive crew.
Our schedule today may help everyone get back on a central time zone schedule. Isaac had been up since around 3 a.m. and Sarah slept from about 11 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. and then again for a short time just before it was time to get up for the day. We were gone all day, Sarah catching a short catnap in the exam room and both children sleeping on the hour ride home. Isaac then crashed just after we returned home around 6 p.m. Sarah actually woke up totally when we got home and didn't go to bed until almost 9 p.m. I don't know how she did it. She was just so tired this afternoon. We are hoping they both sleep through the night, especially Isaac since he will be returning to school tomorrow. I will be turning in when I finish with this entry. Kelly is getting some much deserved sleep also.
Sarah and Kelly with Nicky, CHI Vietnam Program Director, and Nichole, our social worker. Thank you to both Nicky and Nichole and everyone at CHI who helped bring our family's newest member home to us. And a special thank you goes to the in-country staff, who are so caring, hard working and genuinely loved by the children they work with at the orphanage where Sarah lived. It definitely shows and we could see how much Sarah meant to them and how much they will miss her.
Gina of Five In The Hive. It was a pleasure meeting you today and we are praying that your trip goes as smoothly as our's and that we can see Sam and Eli again very soon.
2 comments:
Gale, you and Kelly have such a sweet family and I'm thrilled that I got to meet you all yesterday. Next time we'll plan it and I'll clean up a bit :).
Just passing by to say hi. I haven't been online much these past few days. A lot going on here, time just seems to fly by. Glad all looks wonderful.
How is the language barrier working out? Has Sarah been taught some English, while in the orphanage? English or not, you can just tell how well she was cared for and loved. Ugh, so sweet.
Post a Comment