Fishing boat in Ha Long Bay

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Water puppet show and water in the streets Sunday.

Sunday was our last full day in Ho Chi Minh City and we visited the water puppet show. It's an interesting and fun show even though it's in Vietnamese. Our CHI rep. explained the plot before hand and there was a program with the titles of the different chapters that help follow along. I recorded most of it with the camcorder for Sarah to watch later, so I didn't get a lot of photos. While the rest of the family took a nap after the show, I took a walk and found the only geocache in the city, which was about 9/10 of a mile from the hotel. On the way back, a small shower gave me a little soaking and later a huge downpour flooded the street between the Rex and the Tax Trade Center.

The family waiting in the hotel lobby before heading off to the water puppet show.
Isaac checking out one of the lobby aquariums.
Beer was readily available in Vietnam, but I actually didn't drink any while we were there.One of the puppets from the show.
The cast behind the puppets.
Sarah intently watching the water puppet show.
The family goofing around in front of the water puppet stage after the show.
The cache container I found.
A motorbike makes it way through the high water.
I was glad the downpour came long after I returned to the hotel.
Crossing the street is hard enough without a flood added to the equation.
We ate several times at the Monaco restaurant behind the Rex hotel where we stayed. Our waitress was so nice and the last time we ate there, I got a photo of her with the kids. She was even nice enough to reprimand Kelly for holding Sarah too much. ;-)
Just inside the doors at the Tax Trade Center was this picture on the wall. Sarah laughed and pointed at it every time she saw it, so I had to take a photo the last time we were there.



No comments: