Fishing boat in Ha Long Bay

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Adjusting, appointments and Mai Lee restaurant.

We continue to adjust to being back home and Sarah continues to become more and more comfortable with her family and everything new around her including our dogs. The sleep is still erratic. Sarah only slept from about 10 p.m. until 2 a.m. this morning after a rather long nap yesterday. We then had to head to another appointment this morning which kept her up for much of the day, but she was a real trooper as usual. She was evaluated by the International Adoption Center at St. Louis Children's Hospital and as we already knew, she is doing great. After the MD checked Sarah, she had a hearing test, a psychology consultation and an occupational therapy evaluation. She was very cheerful and cooperative through out the morning. On a recommendation from the MD, we ate lunch at Mai Lee, the original Vietnamese restaurant in St. Louis. It's located on Delmar in University City and the food was great. Sarah was able to speak to a few people there in Vietnamese and her face just lit up.Sarah has no problem with her photo being taken, but was acting silly last night and kept spinning around to try to prevent ba from getting a good shot.
Sarah keeping an eye on our "demon dogs". ;-)
Looking at her brother's Yu-Gi-Oh! card carry case.
I love profile shots.
Sarah laughs at the photo of herself on my phone.
Hello Skippy.
Sarah still gets upset at times when the dogs get too close, but she is more consistently spending time closer to them.
As busy as Sarah and the dogs are, sometimes it takes a helping hand to get a photo before somebody moves.

Looking awfully happy at 5:30 a.m. after getting up around 2 a.m.
Goofing around with the doctor kit at the International Adoption Center with a friend who came along with us.
Having fun during the OT eval.

The OT was impressed by Sarah's scissoring ability. We're not sure if she ever used a scissors at the orphanage or not.

5 comments:

ali said...

gosh, Gale, i am just falling head over heels for this baby girlie. i love reading about her day. isaac-geesh-what a great brubby. he is so handsome and has the best smile. he sure has jumped in with both feet and opened up his heart for her. his life will be so enriched with her in it, and vice versa! glad her appointents went great too!!! arent we so BLESSED?????? love, ali-who wants to go to vietnam next and its a good thing our house is too small or id be signing up now!

LaLa said...

so glad it all went well..yummy on the restaurant!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm totally sold on IAC. Love Mai Lee. Never make your IAC appointments on a Monday because Mai Lee is closed :). Gotta run!

R&H said...

I look forward to seeing Sarah's smiling pictures every day. She brightens my day. I love love love her!
Email me when you get a chance I can't find your email address, do you still have mine?

Children's Hope International said...

Gale -

Sarah is just a joy to see on your blog. A joy!

Mai Lee is one of my favorite restaurants in St. Louis; I eat there several times a month. For whatever reason I always crave Mai Lee on Mondays, which of course, yes they are closed. Luckily, I have more than one favorite!

If you haven't already, I strongly recommend Pho Grand located on Grand, south of 44. I am also there several times a month! You can't beat this great Vietnamese food.

I have a photo of Sarah from the Moon Festival. I'll email you shortly with the attachment.

Jennifer N.