Fishing boat in Ha Long Bay

Friday, September 19, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane.

I'm not really a John Denver fan, but he did write "Leaving on a Jet Plane" the same year I was born and it seemed like a good title for this post. In 12 hours, we'll be on a Boeing 757 getting ready to take off from St. Louis, barring any delays. Like my friend Dale who was going to Hawaii. As they sat on the plane waiting to take off, the air temperature climbed and the plane returned to the gate twice to unload cargo because they were too heavy to take off with the temp. increase. They then had to return a third time to refuel because they used too much fuel going back and forth. It's a much funnier story hearing Dale tell it. Don't worry Georgeanne, I'm sure that won't happen to you.

We are obviously extremely excited we are this close to finally meeting our daughter. I will update the blog when I can, so stay tuned. We will be there soon Sarah.

Avast! Don't forget, today is International Talk Like A Pirate Day .

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I've been following your blog and am excited you finally get to meet your new daughter! Vietnam is amazing! I fell absolutely in love with the country and the people (especially one special, little man in our lives). Have a wonderful trip!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, I'm excited with you! As it's 5:00, you should be at least on your way to the airport to work your way through security. Happy travels!

Jenni Shoemaker said...

I am so excited for you guys! You are in my prayers and my heart as you encounter the most amazing journey of your life. Congratulations to you and your family!
Have fun and be safe,
Jenni Shoemaker

Stevens Family said...

Happy travels. Can't wait to see your beautiful girl in your arms :)

MemberNYPD said...

OMG, You know my heart sank. Oh boy, flying to Hawaii in October should be fun. Think I can sail to VietNam?????