For the CHI families out there, I sent out an email to some of you about the yahoo group I started. If you didn't receive an email from me and you're interested in getting back in a yahoo group for CHI Vietnam families, this is the email I sent out and the link.
Hello everyone,
I was disappointed that CHI shut down their yahoo groups but I guess it was understandable. I started my own as a replacement for those of us in the CHI Vietnam program, but I want to limit it to supporting each other, questions about travel, how our kids are doing, etc. I don't want to have discussions on the day to day operations of CHI. Here's what I put for the group description:
"This is a replacement group for CHI Vietnam families. The aim of the group is to provide a place for those families to remain in touch as a group to provide support, share information on travel, ask questions, updates on how our children are doing, networking, etc. But please do not get into discussions on the day to day operation of CHI that contributed to their yahoo groups being shut down. That is not my intended purpose and I'll have to give you the boot if you do. It's not censorship. I'm not the government. It's my group and if anyone wants to start their own group for that type of discussion, you have that right. Thank you for your understanding."
I've never moderated a group before and with our travel date fast approaching, I will have limited time to devote to the group, but wanted to get one started. I do have it set so that new members will be approved and moderated. I'm sending this to those families who I have email addresses for and who I know are CHI families. Feel free to forward this to others you have in your address book who might be interested. Thanks. Now, it's off to Isaac's cub scout meeting.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CHIVNR/
Give Thanks Always
3 years ago







1 comment:
Thanks for being on top of this with your travel looming in just days. I do wish we hadn't been locked out of our databases and photos. What a shame.
Post a Comment