Fishing boat in Ha Long Bay

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thirty days and the plants are in.



It's been 30 working days since our I-600 was acknowledged by the USCIS and still no word on a travel date. We're all going to get our immunizations on Wednesday so we'll have that out of the way. Hopefully we'll hear something very soon.

I was able to get all the plants in the new bed yesterday afternoon, after getting the landscaping fabric down last weekend. Now I need to finish mulching and get the bricks in properly. Next spring I'll add some annuals to the bed and maybe some more perennials once I see how full all of these get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thirty days is long enough. I hope you, K, and Sarah won't have to wait much longer.

Your plant beds look great. I've done no planting this year, so my landscaping is mighty dreary. My motivation and concentration ought to be much better by spring for some planting. Until then, I'm enjoying yours!

Stevens Family said...

Hang in there; it'll come. Most I know are taking about 45 so perhaps some time in the next couple weeks.