We were a little depressed at the end of last week because other CHI families received new photos of their children, but we didn't receive any of Sarah. We were informed today that Sarah and another child from her orphanage went to the beach in Vung Tau for two days and she was not at the orphanage when the most recent photos were taken. We had no idea they ever had the opportunity to do things like go to the beach, so it's nice to hear Sarah gets to participate in some fun activities away from the orphanage. We should get some new photos the next time the CHI representative visits her orphanage.
On a completely unrelated subject, we've had storms in the area for the past week and received 2.25 inches of rain from the latest one last night. Isaac left for his first overnight Scout camp yesterday morning and hates thunder so he was probably not happy last night. He returns tomorrow evening and I'll probably get an ear-full. :-) After a strong storm went through Friday night, our wireless high-speed internet went out even though I had unplugged everything from the outlets. I've been surviving on dial-up and it is not fun. Can you say 24.0 Kbps? Our ISP is coming out to check the transmitter tomorrow. Hopefully we'll be back to high speed then.
Give Thanks Always
3 years ago







2 comments:
The beach is an excellent reason to miss a photo shoot, if you ask me. Besides, T must have been in a hurry because we only got 5 photos instead of the usual 20 :). I didn't know the kids ever did those things either. Hopefully Sarah will be able to tell you all about it. I'm sure it will be a special memory of Vietnam for her. The teacher in me wants to tell you that when Sarah has enough English, have her draw a picture of her trip and tell you as much about about it as she can. Then write exactly what she says and she'll have her memory forever.
Awesome, The Beach. You will be so happy when you see how kind and loving they are to the children there. When the nanny handed Lillian to me she cried. I will never forget that. To me it showed how much they love these kids. Tam Binh #2 seemed so personal to me and immaculantly clean. When I get back from Ethiopia I'll send you some pics to compare and contrast. My son is always dirty or wet pants in the pics.
Post a Comment