Kelly's friends pulled off a great surprise shower tonight with a little help from me. I first want to thank everyone involved in the planning and preparation for the event and everyone who showed up. It was great to see so many family and friends. I don't want to take the chance of missing someone, so I'll just say to everyone who was involved, you did a wonderful job.
Kelly didn't suspect a thing, other than thinking a shower was planned for some time in June. After Durae drove Kelly around for awhile, almost ordering coffee at the local coffee house, driving to Durae's house with the made up story of her kids burning something in the oven and also speaking to me on the phone while pretending I was her husband, Durae delivered Kelly right on time to the meeting room at the Union Fire Dept. Isaac greeted her as she came through the door. I hadn't told Isaac about the shower until I was driving him to school this morning, when I knew he wouldn't be seeing his mother until the shower. He isn't the greatest keeper of secrets.
Rhonda had a beautiful cake made with a recent photo of Sarah on it. And Sarah will have plenty of books, toys, clothing, etc. when she arrives. I really liked the female camo outfit. She'll be ready to go hunting with dad. I included a photo of the camo. Thank you again to everyone for the gifts.
And last, but not least, a huge thank you goes to Grandpa Bob, who managed to paint Sarah's entire room today. It's a rather large room, so that was no small feat. It's a light green color that matches Sarah's quilt and pillow shams Kelly's mom bought for her awhile back. You can see a photo of the quilt set in this earlier post.







No comments:
Post a Comment