Fishing boat in Ha Long Bay

Thursday, June 19, 2008

USCIS has our I-600!

I just checked my email before going to bed and we had received an email from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in Ho Chi Minh City. It's their standard form letter letting us know they have received our I-600 form, petition to classify orphan as an immediate relative. This is the paperwork that must be processed to obtain Sarah's visa to come into the U.S., and must be approved before we can travel to pick her up. USCIS states most determinations will be completed in 60 working days. We're obviously hoping it doesn't take that long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great news! It looks like you'll beat me to HCMC, so kiss my boys for me when you get there. I pray your travel approval comes super fast! ~Gina

Stacey said...

Congratulations! You are almost there!