It's been rather busy around here with work, deer season, the holidays fast approaching, etc. But I'll get a few photos posted to update everyone. Sarah is doing great. Things have steadily improved since we cut out naps altogether. She's now going to bed at night without much fuss. She even survived getting up opening morning of deer season and not finding Ba at home. That was the first time I was already gone in the morning when Sarah got up and she handled it very well. I had been explaining to her in extremely broken Vietnamese that I'd be going hunting and she seemed to understand and accept it.
Kelly's dad, stepmom, sister and her boyfriend are all arriving tomorrow for Thanksgiving, so Sarah will meet a few more of her relatives. She was excited when Me explained who's coming to visit.
And we will have our first visit from our social worker December 3 to complete our first post-adoption visit and report that is sent to Vietnam. The social worker will complete additional reports at six months and 12 months post adoption. After that we will have to write post-adoption reports ourselves to send to Vietnam until Sarah is 18-years-old. A report is due every six months during the second and third year, and yearly thereafter. They also require three sets of five original photos. I hope I can come up with enough photos to send. ;-)
11/13/08-Sarah has some fun with curlers.

11/14/08-We had a quiet birthday celebration at Ba's parents' house. The DQ ice cream cake with Tinker Bell. What could be better? Sarah points to Tinker Bell on TV and says "Sarah". Just too cute.
While Me isn't looking, I think I'll see how this Tinker Bell tastes.

Tastes pretty good!
And it's cold!
Hello Kitty jewelry.
How old are you Sarah?
Gotta love Elmo.
A girl can never have too many Barbies. This one has a pet dog that eats a dog treat and then makes a deposit from the opposite end. Not sure why anyone designing toys would think this is a good idea.
Once we returned home, Sarah had a bigger surprise waiting. A new doll house.
Barbie's dog eating a bone.
11/20/08-Me took Isaac roller skating for a school event. Sarah wasn't too thrilled at first but totally forgot about Me and Isaac being gone when we received a birthday package from Aunt Sarah. It contained a chest with three play outfits and accessories.
Never mind those other two dresses. This one is pink and I think I'll wear it everyday, which she has been doing.
5 comments:
What great pictures! Sarah looks so cute in her princess outfit! Callie loves Elmo as well. She was him for Halloween. Isn't it crazy having her birthday so close to coming home? That's how it was for us too as we arrived home in April and Callie turned 5 in June. Keeps us on our toes and out of trouble!
Sarah's too cute for her own good!
Wow, Ben would be super jealous of that doll house! Sarah has a pretty cool mom and dad!
Happy 4th Birthday Sarah!! Looks like we're not the only ones who spoiled our little girl for her first birthday home ;)
Looks like Sarah has lots of new toys to play with. love the doll house and dress up clothes. Very cute :)
Happy Birthday. Sorry I am so late. What an awesome dollhouse.
Cathy
Post a Comment