After making the decision on Wednesday to adopt Truong Ni from our agency's waiting child list, we made phone calls, sent out emails and informed everyone we could about our wonderful choice. We also decided to name Ni after Kelly's sister, Sarah. Even though we no longer have to endure months of waiting for a referral, we now have to get our dossier together as quickly as possible, because the sooner we do, the sooner we'll travel to bring Sarah home. Once we have all the documents gathered, they have to be notarized, state certified by the MO Secretary of State's office and then sent to the Vietnamese embassy to be authenticated. Our dossier is then sent to Vietnam to be translated, which can take 2 to 3 weeks. Along with the processing it goes through with the Vietnamese government, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service must approve Sarah's Visa before we can travel. We're hoping to make the journey to bring Sarah home sometime this summer. We'll keep everyone updated on this blog.
Give Thanks Always
3 years ago







9 comments:
I am so happy for you and wish you all the best of everything in life with this new blessing. :)
Congratulations! Sarah is such a cutie and we are so glad she has found her forever family. My husband and I are also using your agency and we're currently waiting to bring home our two sons, Sam and Eli. We're looking forward to following your journey!
-Gina
http://fiveinthehive.wordpress.com
I am so thrilled for you! I had been wondering who was adopting this gorgeous child. She has such a spirit for life, you can just tell!
I'm so glad to see someone adopt little Ni, now Sarah. Iwas wondering who the lucky mommy and daddy were! We are also with CHI and have finally been able to start our dossier.
Congratulations!!! Your daughter is so beautiful.
We are also adopting through CHI and should be traveling within the next 3 months. I can't wait to follow your journey.
I am so glad Ni found a forever family. Congratulations!
I am so happy for this little girl. I have looked at her picture many times wanting to just say yes, but was unable. Bless you for being so brave. I am sure Sarah will have a wonderful and loving home with you.
Blessings to you and your new daughter. I am so happy to see she has found her forever family. I brought my daughter, Kate, home in December. She, too, was from the waiting child list and has given us all so much joy!
You will be in my heart and prayers as you plan, travel, and bring Sarah home!
Congrats. I've been looking at Sarah's (Ni) face for nearly a year wishing I was able to adopt her. I'm SO glad that she has found her forever family and happy for you for opening your hearts to her. I'm also a CHI family. Congrats again and here's to a speedy travel wait.
Post a Comment